Medium IGBT Soft Starter
The starting solution for motors 50MW and Larger
Rated operational current
Solcon Solution Soft Starters are designed and manufactured to reduce the starting current & gradually increase it until it reaches its full-rated speed to prevent the high inrush current.
Every industry and any application looks to install a motor that is both robust and high in efficiency. For this reason, most production lines are run by three-phase AC motors. Protecting these motors while they are running with the help of specially developed equipment is essential for worry-free production.
Preventing the high inrush current while starting the motor helps release the stress on the electricity network. It ensures the safe running of the motor, which is vital for the smooth operation of any production line. A soft start that temporarily reduces the torque and load in the power while ensuring a smooth ramp-up prevents potential damage, thus maximizing the motor life span.
- Space saving with streamlined design.
- Energy efficiency due to integrated bypass
- Greater savings due to the reduction of operational costs
- Wide-range auto-frequency tracking
- Built-in cooling system
- User-friendly configuration & operation
|Oil & Gas
Medium Voltage Soft Starter
Rated operational current: 100 to 965 A
Main voltage: 3.3kV – 13.8k
The SI-DST has many advanced features optimized for applications that require a low starting current and/or a high starting torque. The cutting-edge design significantly saves costs, energy, and space while meeting high-demand application requirements.
This first-of-its-kind soft starter was designed with an integrated bypass system that uses a specialized synchronization technique that ensures little to no energy loss during operation, consequently reducing energy waste and operational costs.
The Solcon Solutions brand delivers an IGBT-based soft starter that solves motor speed and high torque issues during steady-state operation at the time of the starting operation.
Pinnacle Of Reliability
- Medium-level alarm functions & redundant bypass control technology
- Experience and know-how of Solcon Solutions group and global network
Fixed and variable Torque
- For variable torque and fixed torque applications
- Option available for vector fixed torque control
- Sensor-less vector control for fixed torque applications
- Solcon renowned air-cooling
- Touch Screen display panel gives quick and easy access to system status, statistics & parameters.
- Uncomplicated design
- Input voltage – Up to 11kV 50/60Hz +10% -15
- Power range – Up to 18MW
- Mains starting current – 10% to 120% of motor rated current
- Numerous starts
- Starting torque – Up to 150% of motor-rated torque
- Internal synchronization system (bypass), from SI-DST to mains and back
- Soft Start and Soft Stop
- Multi-start capabilities
- Integrated Data Logger and waveform capture for all major system signals, including current and voltage for remote diagnostics and failure analysis
- Analog output
- Multi-motor soft-start/stop
Savings Costs, Energy & Space While Meeting Top Performance Requirements
- Reduction in operation expenses
- Integrated bypass ensures no energy loss during operation, reducing energy waste and operational costs
- Peak demand reduction
- Cost saving while in bypass
- Streamlined design translating to a reduction in space requirements
- 3 Serial ports – (rs-232c/422/485)
- Sd card
- Usb type a+b
- Ethernet (lan)
- Wireless lan
- Data logger & spectrum analyser